Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oil

No I am not talking about oil as in oil-paint, but oil as in oil spill. I just needed to release my frustration and quickly do a page in my journal about the oil spill that is happening here after a containership hit a reef in front of my new hometown last week. The ship is not in a great shape and needed to be abandoned for days because of bad weather and is leaking crude oil and the beaches are now black and the seabirds are dying and the ocean is polluted, it is the biggest ecological disaster New Zealand has ever known. I have decided I do NOT like 2011 and wish for the new year to come quickly.

4 comments:

Cameron said...

That is a sad page :(

When will this all end?! It's not like we can spare any animal or any habitat....whatever we destroy effects us, too, in profound ways....

Very sad, indeed.....

Carmen said...

Agreed with Cameron. I hadn't heard about this spill but it seems to be becoming more of a regular occurance :(

I too am ready for a fresh new year.

manomij said...

Joyce how sad is this!I didn't know about this disaster either.
It has been one horrible year for me too, so I understand your feeling about 2011 wanting to come to an end very soon. I will send you some love and hope it helps to make you feel a little better!!!!
BTW your kiwi is gorgeous
Liefs
Manon

Diane said...

Joyce-what a tragedy....again. I'm hoping that 2012 is brighter for you and your country. And so wonderful that you are working through your feelings with your journal, and your beautiful gift of art.