Monday, April 04, 2011

Deerly Embrace


Remember I told you about the swap I was in with Cameron, well...
I finished my painting for her (see above) "Deerly Embrace"

It's Mixed Media on stretched Canvas 8x12
(inks, paints, crayons, pencils, inkpens, pastels, ferns, goldleaf, beeswax) I sure hope she'll like it. I got inspired by the toadstools that started appearing in our garden, it's Fall here now of course. Fairy Tale season and my daughter is certain that we have Fairies in our garden, because we have the toadstools here for them.
I hope they are there too ♥

-This time I wanted to try and see if I could get the painting to speak without painting open eyes-


I also received her parcel this week...tatatata ! I got all excited....
The envelope was already so gorgeous and everything inside was just such a lovely surprise as I unwrapped the yummie green tissuepaper (with sparkly dots) Out came the painting she did for me, but also loads of extra's ! She's such a great artist, look here:
I'm so happy, oh so happy....♫♪♫
Thank you Cameron, you're the best !

This week was busy and messy and we also had another powercut, so this parcel really made me feel great !

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love love the unicorn

Tammie Lee said...

I love your painting! It draws me in to look more closely and absorb the atmosphere and mood. I would have loved to watch you make it, so many wonderful stages to it.

And your package and painting that you traded for is wonderful too!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Oh what a fabulous swap! I absolutely adore the painting you created for Cameron. And her unicorn is so lovely, too. Theresa

Cameron said...

Joyce!!! This is so fantastically, magically, dreamily perfect!!!! I LOVE this piece so very, very much!! Thank you for all its foresty goodness! It is beyond lovely...and I thank you again for creating such a wonderful piece for me!

...and I'm so happy that your Uni made it to you safely! Looks like he galloped as fast as he could :D

With sparkly butterfly thoughts and warm polar bear hugs,
Cameron

manomij said...

Joyce if she doesn't like it I do and I will swap you!
liefs manon X

pinkglitterfae said...

oh my goodness she will absolutely love this! you gave it such a dreamy feel. Congrats on your goodies too, they look fabulous. She is indeed very talented, as are you.
Enjoy your fall season
xoxo