Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Beautiful buildings

It must have been a blessing in diguise,
the fact that we have not had power and thus TV etc. for a week.
I normally am a very visual person,
but I am glad that I have not had the chance of seeing too many images (except for the newspaper ones)
during the first week after the quake.This used to be our beautiful city centre and this is now:

and it's just one of the many beautiful buildings...
It will be very strange once we'll be allowed back into the CBD and...Who knows?...
I might get my car back from the parking garage ?!
-What bugged me so, was that I left a bag full of $ 100 art supplies that I just bought in that car !-


4 comments:

donnalouiserodgers said...

ooh that looks like blue girl redone?

the piccies bring home the devastation,,

I will bet you 5 dollars of your 100 dollar bag of art stuff it is still there and unharmed when you get back to your (totaled) car...

Dx

faerian said...

i am so glad you are safe sweetheart

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I am so glad that you are yours are safe. The devastation to Christchurch was just heartbreaking. I hope that this beautiful city can rebuild. Theresa

Cameron said...

So tragic to lose historic beauty like that gorgeous church....

I bet Doone is right about the art supplies....but, in the meantime, just happy to hear from you and sending you warm thoughts!